The 70's Part 1: "Bring Back the Rock!"
Classic and her brothers go to a talent agency to get their family band a gig. Glam tries to sweet talk a secretary.
1. Joplin, Morrison and Hendrix (along with Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones) had died between 1969-1971, all at the age of 27 years old.
2. I like Simon & Garfunkel and I like Billy Joel. Which is why I pick on them. The line is reference to a line from John Holmstrom, founding editor of Punk magazine, "punk rock had to come along because the rock scene had become so tame that acts like Billy Joel and Simon and Garfunkel were being called rock and roll, when to me and other fans, rock and roll meant this wild and rebellious music."
3. The reason why "The Brady Bunch" and "The Partridge Family" are relevant at all is because they are fictional groups from 70's TV shows. The Jackson 5 were a real singing group, whose label capitalized on the group's youth appeal by licensing dozens of products including a Saturday morning cartoon show.
4. Because Prog albums were generally concept albums with very long durations, few prog songs fit in with the radio formats. That's why they don't get much airplay, and nobody knows who Prog is.
5. In the U.S., it has become a tradition of humor for the audience in many concerts to shout "Freebird" as a request to hear the song, regardless of the performer or genre of music.
6. It's typical of Thrash Metal fans to put down other metal genres different from there own, which is why Thrash says "That ain't real metal!"
7. The two tattoos on Glams cheeks are of a star and a lightning bolt. The star represents The Starchild (Paul Stanley of KISS) and the lightning bolt represents Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie's alter ego.)
8. When Glam dashes out of the room, the word "ZOOM" can be seen. "Zoom" was the name of a 1972 TV show (that Glam was a child star on). Not a music reference, but a 70's reference. They brought the show back in 1999.
NOTE: Any comments asking me why I did not mention *insert your favorite band name here* will be deleted.